Corporate Social Responsibility
The purpose of this policy is to set out clear and uniformed standards for ensuring that all business operations are carried out in an ethical manner. The policy applies to all employees in in the Versalux group.
Versalux wants to have a positive reputation in all aspects of its business. Versalux shall conduct its business with integrity, respecting the law, cultures, dignity and rights of individuals. Compliance with national, regional and international rules, laws and conventions is mandatory in Versalux. Business ethics extend beyond simple compliance. We shall strive to conduct our business in a way that makes people proud to work with, and for, Versalux. We will further build our Company Social Responsibility on the UN (United Nations) Global Compact’s 10 principles.
- Our business shall support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights (Principle 1) and make sure that they are not in complicit in human rights abuses. (Principle 2)
- Our business shall support the freedom of association and effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining. (Principle 3)
- Elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour. (Principle 4)
- Effective abolition of child labour. (Principle 5)
- Elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation. (Principle 6)
- Our business shall support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges. (Principle 7)
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility. (Principle 8)
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmental friendly technologies. (Principle 9)
ANTI – CORRUPTION
- Our businesses shall work against corruption in all its forms including extortion and bribery. (Principle 10)